Instructions for Use
- Wash your cutting board with warm water and dish soap to remove any food debris. Let dry throughly before proceeding.
- Wash your hands, we’re going to apply this finish by hand!
- Apply enough Maker Cube Beeswax Wood Conditioner to cover both faces and edges of your board. Buff it in using your hands, the heat from your hands will melt the product into the pores of the wood.
- Remove excess with a paper towel, a light film should remain. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
- Repeat these steps before your cutting board starts to absorb liquids or if it is dull in appearance. The product is designed to wash off gradually to take odors with it, don’t be afraid to wash it with warm soapy water. Condition it regularly to protect the board.
Removing stains and smells from your cutting board
Use half a lemon to scrub a teaspoon of salt and baking soda into it. Leave the pulpy slurry on your board overnight to help pull out smells and stains, then refinish as per instructions above.
If you are applying this to unfinished wood, melting your first coat of wood conditioner with more heat will penetrate it farther and provide extra protection. We recommend using a hair dryer or heat gun.